- Strong Bad has answered 100 e-mails!
- "If you're trying to lead a democracy in a war against terrorists, your first duty is to tell the truth."
- "[While breastfeeding] you can totally use the arm that isn't supporting the baby's head to update your website." Also see good advice for first-time fathers in the delivery room. (Both via first-time father Mark Pilgrim).
- What are celebrities' favourite swear words? Beware frequent (actually, nearly exclusive) profanity (duh). (Via Frank.)
- The new window vs. same window link debate continues. (I'm a same-window guy, but would prefer a new tab if it were generally possible.)
- Compare the two main U.S. presidential candidates' blog postings on one page. (Via Dan Gillmor.)
- Google Local. (Yup, there it is.)
- A fine stationery and pens habit is cheaper than digital gadgets.
- Are you a pirate, ninja, elf, or dwarf? No Tolkien geekery required.
- Mac ads in Newsweek from 1984 (Apple bought the whole issue).
- Keep your computer and toothbrush clean. But don't stress about it.
- "[Microsoft's] .NET [development platform] was created by a company with a historic focus on (and infinite experience with) desktop applications, and has a lot of apparatus aimed at building desktop applications. I'm sorry; for most businesses, desktop applications arent interesting. Put your business logic on the server side and use the Web for your delivery platform."
- "So why don't I advocate usability testing everything? If you don't have oodles of usability people, up front design by a good designer provides a lot more bang for buck than using that same designer to do usability tests."
Wednesday, March 17, 2004
# 9:08:00 AM:
Template BBEdited on 29-Apr-2010
Site problems? Gripes? Angst? - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Site contents © 1997–2007 by Derek K. Miller
You may use content from this site non-commercially if you give me credit, under the terms of my Creative Commons license.