Have a banana
I've never liked acronyms, especially those used as heavy-handed jargon whose only purpose seems to be to exclude people who don't understand it.
Even so, sometimes acronyms are both useful and funny. The one I discovered most recently (though it has apparently been around for some time) is closely related to NIMBY, "not in my back yard": it is BANANA, "build absolutely nothing anywhere near anyone" (or "anything" in some variants).
While searching for BANANA on the Web, I found a list from the University of Washington that includes a few more land-use terms:
- BANANA =Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything
- LULU = Locally Undesirable Land Use
- NIABY = Not in Anyone's Back Yard
- NIMBY = Not in My Back Yard
- NIMTOO or NIMTOF = Not in My Term of Office
- NOPE = Not on Planet Earth
- SLAPPs = Strategic Lawsuits against Public Participation
- TOADS = Temporarily Obsolete Abandoned Derelict Sites
- YIMBY = Yes in My Back Yard
My back yard isn't much for building -- it's pretty much a narrow slab of concrete.