- "The police began shooting looters in May, when radioactive TV sets began to appear in the pawn shops of Kiev."
- "Desktops are appliances. Laptops are instruments. The difference between a Dell desktop and an Apple PowerBook is like that between a Kenmore washer and a Fender Stratocaster."
- Now here's a piece of web design: "Do away with needless programming. In fact, do away with computers altogether." (Thanks, Dave Aton.)
- "But even if you don't have $249 to spend on an awesome network music player for your stereo cabinet, you can take advantage of Slim Devices' remarkably good server software to stream your home music library to your work."
- "You need a big hardware budget to build an application that can scale, but you need good programmers and system administrators to handle the load, whose salaries require an increased marketing budget, to attract enough users to pay for it all. What I think I'm seeing my students do is get off that ride."
- "Cameron Diaz has pimples. Hamburgers only look juicy on TV because they're slathered in Vaseline. The cool kid isn't just hanging out playing a game on his cellphone—he's a Sony guerrilla marketer, paid to make a product look desirable."
- "Now you can download and use these vintage images in your print, web, or even letterpress projects. No bitmapped scans are these: our postscript images will print crisply at any size."
- "I love all your photos, but I especially love this one."
Saturday, April 10, 2004
# 1:44:00 PM:
Template BBEdited on 29-Apr-2010
Site problems? Gripes? Angst? - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Site contents © 1997–2007 by Derek K. Miller
You may use content from this site non-commercially if you give me credit, under the terms of my Creative Commons license.