Today's theme is "on ugliness":
- Why are so many gadget boxes so ugly?
- Is the Seattle Central Library ugly or not?
- The way we eat in North America is gluttonously ugly.
- Does the ugliness of Windows prevent people from even comprehending that using something different could be better?
- Ugly journalism cuts in many directions.
- I don't think Dave's new site design is ugly, but if you do, the little buttons in the upper right corner let you change it back.
- If trying to deal with publishing newsfeeds is getting ugly for you, FeedBurner looks interesting. Feed statistics, conversion between formats (RSS 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, Atom), feed markup for browsers, etc.
- As an antidote, this stuff is profoundly not ugly. (I work with Noel, Lindsay's partner. I hope to afford to pay her to build something sometime soon.)