I'm the co-host of Inside Home Recording and engineer for Lip Gloss and Laptops, my wife's podcast. We're trying the usual social-media methods of garnering nominations for the annual Podcast Awards, which have been running for a few years now and are organized by Todd Cochrane of Geek News Central.
If you'd like to help out, here's what I'd ask you to do by the deadline of October 18, 2009:
- Please go to PodcastAwards.com.
- In the People's Choice and Health/Fitness categories, fill in Lip Gloss and Laptops and its URL, www.lipglossandlaptops.com.
- In the Best Produced and Education categories, fill in Inside Home Recording and its URL, www.insidehomerecording.com.
- Do not nominate either show for any other categories. Each show is only allowed two nominations (one of the top categories, and one regular one), and we don't want to be disqualified or to dilute the vote. (Inside Home Recording, for instance, is more likely to get a nomination in Education, because Technology is crowded with popular podcasts.)
- Feel free to fill in any other podcasts you like in other categories. But do it all at once, because you can only submit the ballot once per person.
- Add your name and email address to the bottom of the form (Todd has tremendous integrity—he's not going to sell or reuse your info).
- Check your form over, and submit it.
- Maybe tell your friends.
Remember, the deadline is October 18. I'll let you know when the actual voting begins after that, especially if either of our podcasts get in. And of course, please subscribe to the shows if you don't already!
Labels: insidehomerecording, linkbait, lipglossandlaptops, podcast