- "So why should you be adamant about valid code and pushing for more Web development using XHTML? That's easy. It costs less and is more flexible. [...] People simply don't recognize how much it's costing them not to code to standards."
- "Maria Schneider won the Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album Grammy without selling CDs in a record store."
- Just because a weblog is popular doesn't mean it's good, for the same reason lousy TV shows can still be hits.
- A photo of Les Paul playing his namesake guitar at his 90th birthday last month. Paul is one of the great music technology geniuses of the last century. Among other things, he invented multitrack recording (and had some huge hits with it) and created a home-built prototype for a solidbody electric guitar when everyone thought it was a silly idea.
- O'Reilly's new Make magazine seems so cool (and has been heavily endorsed by Dan Bricklin, co-inventor of VisiCalc, the first-ever spreadsheet program) that I bought my dad a gift subscription sight unseen.
- Biggest brand winner and loser of 2004? Apple iPod and Coke C2, respectively.
- Top ten digital photography tips.
Thursday, February 17, 2005
# 11:56:00 PM:
Template BBEdited on 29-Apr-2010
Site problems? Gripes? Angst? - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Site contents © 1997–2007 by Derek K. Miller
You may use content from this site non-commercially if you give me credit, under the terms of my Creative Commons license.