Back in the middle of October, I guessed that converting my CDs into MP3s might take me a couple of weeks. It's almost three months later, and I'm up to artists beginning with W. I haven't started on the compilations or soundtracks yet. There are more than 5000 songs, consuming over 20 GB, so far.
I've also spent the last few days trying to consolidate the more than 500 contacts I have in two different e-mail programs, on my PalmPilot, and synced to the Palm Desktop on two different computers. That's taken me hours and hours, and I've just finished the letter M. I'm not even sure that the end result will synchronize cleanly with my Palm again, but I'll only know once I'm done. However long that takes.