- Since he lost the ability to talk or eat, Roger Ebert has turned into one of the world's best bloggers. (He did win a Pulitzer Prize decades ago, after all.) Here he is writing about his new face.
- Why fixed (non-zoom) lenses take better pictures, and let you carry less while doing so.
- Dave Olson's wonderful video from Northern Voice 2010. (He couldn't attend in person because of surgery. I know what that's like.)
- Nick Curran plays the best off-the-hook Little Richard–style rock 'n' roll since the 1950s.
- The sexiest CPR instructional video ever.
- U.S. baby boomers grew up in a time of remarkably low immigration, and that affects their attitudes now.
- Dr. Fritz Sennheiser, who changed the world of headphones, has died.
- The frighteningly ugly new London 2012 Olympic mascots fit right in with the Power Rangers.
- I've started using Google's free embeddable web fonts on this website.
- Nikon's 10 best lenses (actually, it's 12). Also, the company's worst lenses.
- A "thank you BP" cake.
- The Twitter spelling test.
- "Markets did not clean up smog in Los Angeles or bring Lake Erie back to a semblance of life or rescue the California condor from extinction." Indeed, "Political philosophy can never be free of history."
- The Swinger takes any song and makes it all jazzy and swingy, sometimes with hilarious results (such as with Metallica).
- The Big Caption is often poignant or funny. This one made the rounds last week (beware: swearing).
- The evolution of the camera.
- "Microsoft, despite J Allard's best efforts, never went native, never really figured out how be part of [Internet] culture."
- Even if you work full-time, you probably spend more time with your kids than your grandparents did with theirs.
- How the CEO of "identity-protection" site LifeLock had his own identity stolen 13 times (!).
Links of interest (2010-05-28)
TrackBack URL: https://www.penmachine.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/33