- Speaking of the whole Dumbledore thing, here's a funny list: "Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall."
- "What is it about the world of enterprise software that routinely produces such inelegant user experiences?" One explanation: "'Enterprise software' is software that has to be sold to an 'enterprise', where someone who doesn't use the software (typically a manager) must be persuaded to use his purchasing authority to buy the software."
- Secrets that airlines don't want you to know (nothing too earth-shattering).
- 25 awesome action heroes.
- "Power users are a minority, and while they point the way to the future, they tend to be disappointed when the rest of the market catches up with an inferior product that has a lower barrier to new users."
- Gmail is finally getting IMAP support. If POP-only support frustrated you until now, you'll find that useful.
- "If it happened under Bush, Iran-Contra wouldn't even make Page A-18."
Labels: books, design, gmail, government, linksofinterest, movie, travel